March 13, 2011

Pillow talk

A few weeks ago, I went to a store called the Wicker Emporium for the first time, and LOVED it! I had to control myself not to buy every single thing that I loved. I did, however, buy three platinum grey pillows to start incorporating some grey into my bedding for our eventual move to the new scheme revealed in this inspiration board. Oh, and also because they were $6.99 each! To tie them in with my current bedding so that they would not look so disconnected, I decided to add a little blingy detail to one of the pillows.

I started with these:
The brooch I already had and the ribbon cost me a few buckaroos at Wal-Mart.

I wrapped the ribbon around the pillow and cut it with some excess so that I would be able to fold down the ends to avoid fraying. Once the folds were made and the placement was right, I pinned the ribbon using the brooch itself. And voilà! Why didn't I bother to sew the ribbon securely in place? It makes it temporary so I can easily change the ribbon to match any decor, or remove it all together with minimal damage to the fabric.

This is what the pillows look like on my bed now...



The side tables, lamp bases and a mirror in the room are also platinum grey, so the pillows are not the only grey in the room. I am also thinking of adding a grey ribbon to the lamp shades, but we'll see. I don't want to focus to much decorating-energy on the master bedroom as I know it will be changing very soon... (Can't wait! I picked up some purple color swatches last week and they are up on the wall...)

FUTURE POST TEASE: Look for a post about my DIY headboard shortly... I may also have guest posts by my Sisters who have made their own DIY headboards...





My post is linked to:
The DIY Show Off















The Girl Creative

0 comments:

Post a Comment