April 20, 2011

Easter and Spring decorating {that actually rhymes...}

As I mentioned in my previous post {of a few moments ago...} I was so happy when I got an excuse / reason to decorate for Easter / Spring, as  we are hosting Jon's family on Good Friday! So, I tell you, I got busy - busy - busy coming up with inexpensive crafts and DIY decorations, some that will be stored after this week, and others will remain until I feel like switching them up. This brainstorming included several trips to my favorite dollar store, of course.

I think they are quite self-explanatory, so I will just go ahead and reveal them for you:

Jars of Easter Goodies
Total cost: $10 on candy, ribbon and mason jars already had on-hand so FREE

Easter Printable in Frame
Total cost: FREE
 


"Home Sweet Home"  and "Made With Love" Signs
Total cost: $2 frame, print was FREE and DIY-ed (inspiration from an Etsy shop called Freshline Illustrations. Honestly, don't the prints make you happy?)





Large Table Centrepiece Tree
Total cost: $12, for Styrofoam tree, plastic eggs, napkins to cover eggs and moss (already had the bowl)

Small Table Centrepiece Tree
Total cost: $8, for Styrofoam tree and small green eggs (dug-up the vase)

Small Ceramic Bunny
Total cost: $1 (was in color, I spray painted him white with on-hand spray paint {that I officially hate... maybe more on that later.} )


Vases
Total cost: $10, for floral decor and crystals (had the vases and stones on hand)


Hanging Easter Eggs and Lanterns
Total cost: $4

More Easter Goodies
Total cost: $2 for candy

I also hunted around the house to add more color and interest on the main floor with this little zone. I already had this tray {I intend on staining or painting the wood}. This vase of flowers actually consists of my and my wedding party's bouquets from the wedding! The sweet little lantern was $2 at the dollar star. And the metal star? Yeah, I made that in high school!


Oh, and just cause I love them so much, I also found these perfectly matching and perfectly cute oven mitts for $2 at... you guessed it... my favorite dollar store!

I am just about ready for the weekend... I think. We'll see. Feels oh so fresh!

Oh, and watch for my small living room corner wall gallery...

0 comments:

Post a Comment