August 26, 2016

Cousins are the best!

Growing up as part of a large extended family was amazing! What was even more amazing was spending my summers as a child surrounded by aunts, uncles and cousins at Rémi Lake. In fact, my absolute favorite memories growing up involve my cousin Amy and the times we spent together at the lake. When I was pregnant with my first son, Nicholas, I was thrilled that one of my sisters and my sister-in-law were also expecting, because I had high hopes that my kids could form the same awesome memories with their cousins.

A few summers ago, we held a photo shoot of the sons and daughters of myself and my siblings. Although the photo shoot itself was a bit hectic {you try controlling 6 kids at once!} the results were really fun!

2014

Last year we chose to continue the tradition, so my brother took a picture of these 6 cuties along with the newest addition, Quin, who was yet to be born when we took the pic in 2014.

2015

Love that Seb and Quin are looking at eachother. And really love Nico's goofy face!

This year, I was dead set on continuing this new tradition, so I took it upon myself to take the photographs. Unfortunately, Quin was back home by them, but I really wanted to include him in some of the shots. I decided to ask for a close-up picture of Quin and placed it in a frame. I asked Mathéo to hold it during the first photo, which actually turned out quite nice! Plus we had yet another addition to the group: Éli Daniel.

2016

And since the kids were actually into taking pictures {and it was keeping them busy while dinner was being prepared}, I took quite a few shots, then had some fun in Photoshop:





They all turned out pretty great! Luca had SO MUCH fun taking pictures, that after dinner he wanted me to take some of him jumping off my dad's dock. And my favorite shot of the summer was captured:

I don't know why, but I love it!

I may not be the best photographer, but hopefully these pics will be treasured forever and our tradition will continue from year to year. We may have a new addition again next year...