October 5, 2016

Fall Fashion Must-Haves

Okay it is the first time I am attempting to write a blog post about fashion! Let's see how this goes!

It's that wonderful time of year when the leaves change colors and the air gets cooler. I absolutely love fall! It is so refreshing to me {way more than spring when it is so dirty and musty-smelling!}. As with any season, I like to update my wardrobe with a few key pieces.

This fall, I opted to add four pieces:
1 - the poncho
2 - the booties
3 - the blanket scarf
4 - the duster cartigan

I actually really love fashion and although I am super cheap frugal, I still manage to add a few pieces to my wardrobe every season. After drooling over fall fashion pins on Pinterest, I found that some items kept returning and catching my eye. I looked to my favorite clothing stores to find my pieces: Ricki's, Eclipse, Warehouse One, Sears and Zulily. Here are some of my absolute favorite finds:

The Poncho from Warehouse One:
The Booties from Sears:
The Plaid Blanket Scarf from Eclipse:



The Duster Cardigan from Wal-Mart:
What is nice about some of these pieces is that I can combine them with some of my existing spring/summer pieces to make great fall outfits.

For example, I combined a teal blue top with my new duster cardigan, my jean leggings {already owned} and my new black booties from Wal-Mart. Top it off with jewellery and voilà!

Another example is pairing black leggings, a striped tunic t-shirt, a colorful scarf and my long brown boots with my new duster cardigan {I am going to get a lot of wear out of this duster}.


A poncho goes great with jeans and ballet flats or a high-heeled bootie! Add a long-sleeve shirt, hoop earrings and a coordinating bag, and you've got a great outfit.


Plaid is a new one for me this year. The blanket scarf from Eclipse is huge, but I looked up a few ways of wearing it and this way is my favorite! I would pair it with jeans, a long sleep t-shirt and long boots!
{Source}

Don't you just love sprucing up what you already have with just a few pieces? And none of these pieces were expensive and they were all easy to find. I love Fall!