October 19, 2016

House Tour

I have been wanting to give a photographic house tour for a long time, but just never got around to it. After 5 years of blogging and 4 years in my new house, here it is: my house tour.

Exterior

2012



2016



Powder Room
2012

2016










Kitchen from Side Entrance

2012

2016







Kitchen and Living Room Entrance {Hi Jon!} and side entrance from garage

2012

2016




Kitchen oven wall

2012

2016

This little area beside the fridge is seldom discussed, but I would love to eventually have a coffee area on this counter space.

For now, it is adorned with a lovely wine rack.








Dining Room from Kitchen

2012

2016


Growth Chart




Kitchen from Dining room

2012

2016


Hallway

2012

2016




Fireplace in Living Room

2012

2016




{My mom drew those pictures of my sons!}


Living Room East Wall

2012

2016



That clock is meant to be hung on the fire place. But I need to find a length of oil rubbed bronze chain to hang it from.

Living Room West Wall

2012

2016








Front Entrance

2012

2016












Main Washroom

2012

2016












Luca's Bedroom

2012

2016

My office didn't last as Luca ended up asking to move back into his own room, and I couldn't say no... I so regret painting over that striped wall cause now his room looks so plain...

{Warning: Luca made his own bed. My OCD-self had to straighten his blankets a bit, but I didn't want to touch it too much!}


Luca tucked those pics behind the other items himself, and I don't have the heart to remove them!


Master Bedroom

2012

2016






Nico's Bedroom

2012

2016

Again, Nick made his own bed, so I only straightened things a bit. He also placed the items in his shelves himself {he was so proud!} Those shelves were added to display completed legos. So far, they display everything BUT completed legos.




I also painted over the black magnetic primer in the pale blue color cause I was finding it a little dark. It is actually more magnetic now that it is painted. Nico picked his dark blue accent-wall color himself.

Basement Play Area

2012

2016 IN PROGRESS

{Another warning: this is the kids' zone, so I didn't bother picking it up.} As you can see, my navy and coral accents are still in place until the guest bedroom is finished as I want to use that color scheme in that room. Although the navy seldom changes, I am still deciding if I want yellow, gold or even red as another accent color.



Basement Bar Area

2012

2016 


Basement Office

2012

2016

We have installed one of these two windows {the other one is on the floor}.





And the only rooms that have yet to be touched:

Basement Guest Bedroom

2012

Basement Washroom

2012

An area that I have never photographed before is the breezeway {the enclosed hallway between the garage and the house}. It has seen little love even though it is the first space people see when they come over.



After seeing all of these current pictures along with the before pictures, it makes me realise just how far we have come since the beginning. We still have a way to go but I am sure we will get there in time.




This is linked to:I PARTY WITH REMODELAHOLIC